Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

The night I said YES.





First comes love and then comes marriage, but in between something VERY important... the proposal! 
Our love started out as a friendship about seven years ago and blossomed into something incredible. On Thursday April 30, 2015 my very best friend got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Eric had been planning this for months and I, of coarse, had no idea. I had a hunch that he was getting ready to propose sometime this year (or at least I hoped he did) but did not know when or how he would do it.

About a month before the proposal Eric informed me about an important company dinner coming up and that it was very important that we attend. I thought it was a little odd that it was on a Thursday night but I didn’t put too much thought into it. The weekend before the “company dinner” Eric wanted to buy a new suit and kept asking me what I was going to wear, he even suggested to me wearing certain outfits, which he rarely does. Again, I didn’t think anything of this I just thought he really wanted us to look good for this important “dinner”. We finally get to the “boss’ house” where the “company dinner” was taking place and a “co- worker” of Eric’s opens the door and greets us. We approach the third floor and I’m starting to wonder where all the people are at, this was a dinner party after all. He quickly tells us that everyone is at the rooftop patio and we made it just in time to eat. 

As we approached the patio I start hearing a beautiful song being played by a string duo and realized it was too quite for a dinner party. We took a few steps closer to the door that led to the patio and I was blown away by what I saw. I literally took a step back and took a second to process everything, it was at that moment that I finally realized what I was walking into. There were candles set up all around us and the beautiful Houston skyline was the backdrop, it was perfect. 




For a moment, the rest of the world stood still, only Eric and I existed. As we held hands I could feel how nervous he was. He told me a few words as he gazed into my eyes then got down on one knee. I had always dreamt of that moment ever since I was a little girl but this went beyond my expectations. There are no words big enough to properly describe such an amazing moment. As I wiped my tears and took that beautiful moment in, he pointed at someone hiding in the corner. I was so into the moment that I did not realize the whole thing had been captured by our friend from Chris Gilleo Photography. We took a few pictures then Eric insisted that we go down for dinner. 





 I thought the surprises were over but, little did I know, I was about to walk into another big moment. We walked down to the dinning area where I soon found my family and friends waiting to congratulate us. Thank you to EVERYONE (present or not) who made this day possible and soooo special! I will never forget that moment we walked through that door and saw both of our families and friends. 







After more tears, hugs and pictures we all sat down and had an amazing dinner prepared by a local chef Eric had hired. The food was incredible and the service the catering company provided was perfect. It was so special to be able to share such a big moment with all of them, it was actually what I had always wanted.



Eric and I had our special moment alone but we were able to involve loved ones as well. I couldn’t have planned a better proposal myself, it was absolutely amazing.. he nailed it. What started off as a regular workday ended up being, so far, one of the happiest days of my life. 



Eric puts my happiness on same level as his and reminds me everyday of why I fell in love with him. They say the real power of a man is in the size of the smile of the woman sitting next to him; he sure knows how to keep me smiling and happy. I thank God every day for blessing me with such an incredible man. I’m excited to embark on this next chapter of our lives… let the wedding planning begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN