Pages

Monday, November 6, 2017

This team, this city, this year!


These last couple of weeks have been nothing short of a crazy roller coaster. I was pretty consumed with watching baseball, as I'm sure most Houstonians were, and winning the World Series was beyond exciting and so meaningful. It brought back the nostalgia of my childhood.






You see, I've grown up watching baseball ever since I can remember. My dad used to take my twin sister and I to watch the Astros back when they played at the Astrodome. I remember he loved getting there early enough to watch them warm up... I quickly learned to love the game. I might have been young but those are some vivid memories I have always treasured.


Years later, my brother started playing and you would always find our family at his games cheering on our favorite little player, number 8. He played for many years and watching him pitch and do his thing in the outfield (sometimes infield) was one of my favorite things to do.

Being able to experience this with them along with my husband, Eric,  made the experience the best. Did I mention my husband is as big of a baseball fan as I am... if not MORE! We've been cheering on the Astros all of our lives and showed up to the juice box even when they couldn't win one game. Remember those years when we lost over 100 games, everyone called them the "Lastros" and no one would show up to cheer them on... we were still there! Making it to the World Series is what we always hoped for and we were not going to miss the chance to cheer them on during these big games. I will never forget the moment Eric showed up with seats to Game 5. It took me a while to process what I was looking at... best surprise ever!! #besthusbandaward



Game 5 at the Juice Box




























The atmosphere inside that ball park was out of this world. I've never been at a game as intense as game 5. No one sat down the whole game. People chanted, cried, yelled, laughed, and everything in between. Eric had no voice for about a week. This experience is one that I will tell my children one day- unforgettable!



My die hard Dodger fan cousins in Arizona.
I had to face time them a few times (especially when we scored). :)


This win couldn't have came at a better time. Hurricane Harvey devastated our city and left many with absolutely nothing, spirits were at an all time low. Many might think "its just a game" or "it's just a sport" but it has the power to unite communities and lift people up. And that's exactly what this team did. ”We’re doing this for the city, we want to bring a lot of joy and happiness to the fans out here in Houston, especially after everything they’ve been through this year. It’s been a tough year for the city. So if we can bring something through baseball, we’re going to do it.” Hearing Carlos Correa say this gave me all the feels and I know I wasn't the only one. This young team wrote an incredible story this year, it was definitely a sentimental series to say the least.

XOXO,
Yessy








 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN